Date: 22 November 2006 05:17:50
time for a meme, thanks burnt sienna:
1. Flip to page 18, paragraph 4 in the book closest to you right now, what does it say?
Hmm, I could have cheated and said that my Bible is closest, but it was beaten by a matter of inches by 'The Cat Ate My Gymsuit' by the late great Paula Danziger, which I was using to prepare for an American Evening in our 8-10's group at church... page 18 has 3 paragraphs, as it's the end of a chapter, here's paragraph 1 of page 19:
"School went on as usual. I keep getting good grades in everything but gym. My anonymous letters to the Student Council suggestion box were ignored. Lunches continued to be lousy. We were only up to the Civil War in history class"
2. If you stretch out your left arm - as far as possible, what are you touching?
A Newton's cradle (one of those things with clicky silver balls on strings)
3. What's the last program you watched on tv?
'A Bit of Fry and Laurie' series two episode one, on dvd this evening.
'Torchwood' from Sunday on the hard drive last night
Last Friday's 'Neighbours' for actual live, broadcasting-at-the-same-time-as-watching-tv.
4. Without looking, guess what time it is.
about 9? 8:53, not bad
5. Except the computer, what can you hear right now?
not a lot, we have a very loud computer
6. When was the last time you were outside and what did you do?
walked to my house from the car after my driving lesson
7. What are you wearing?
Jeans and a hoodie (official Lemly uniform).
8. Did you dream last night? If you did, what about?
Probably, but I never remember most of my dreams beyond the first five minutes after waking from them.
9. When was the last time you laughed?
Over dinner, my husband and lodger amuse me.
10. What's on the walls in the room you're in right now?
lavender coloured paint (not our doing, it's not bad but we need to change the orange carpet), a noticeboard, a calender and a picture (no, not that one) of some footprints in sand.
11. Have you seen anything strange lately?
Swansea is a very strange place, so probably, but nothing is springing to mind.
12. What do you think about this meme?
Interesting enough to carry on with for a while...
13. What's the last film you saw?
Kinky Boots, it was Ok, we gave it 3/5 on our rental thing, it sort of fit into the same mould as Calendar Girls, and Brassed Off and The Full Monty etc etc, but it was enjoyable enough, if not quite reaching the heights it aspired to.
14. If you became a multimillionaire, what would you do with the money?
I really don't know, it's not at all likely though. I think a significant proportion would go to doing some good in the world, but I'd probably be selfish with some of it too.
15. Tell us something about yourself that most people don't know.
my feet are cold, even though I'm wearing shoes.
16. If you could change ONE THING in this world, without regarding politics or bad guilt - what would it be?
Everything becomes political if you think about it too much. Decent tea available worldwide, does that work?
17. Do you like dancing?
in some of its forms, yes.
8. George Bush?
Wash your mouth out.
19. What do you want your children's names to be, girl/boy?
20. Would you ever consider living abroad?
Not long term, but I'm up for most experiences, so long as running water and tea are available.
21. What do you want God to tell you, when you come to heaven?
What do you mean "when you come to heaven"? Are you already there? Lemme in!
22. Who should do this meme?
Anyone who's bored enough.