Date: 22 October 2007 23:41:05
I'm currently trying, and indeed managing to lose weight. When doing such a thing it is important to have goals. And to reward oneself when those goals are reached. Without putting too many figures out there, I have reached the half way stage to my goal weight loss. This would appear to be a good time to reward myself. I had thought for a while that getting my hair cut nicely would be a good reward for this stage. There are many reasons that this is a good idea:
- It is not a food related reward, so wouldn't put me back 3 weeks on my diet.
- My hair is really long, in the way and needs cutting
- Shorter hair would be far easier to mange
- Shorter hair would probably look nicer
... and not forgetting of course that hair's got to weigh something, so losing some would actually bring me nearer to my goal weight!
Unfortunately there are also many counter arguments:
- I hate going to the hairdressers, it's almost a phobia.
- My hair can look very nice when I do something with it.
- Rhys likes it better long
- They might not make a good job of it
- I've spent years growing it this long (OK mostly because I hate going to the hairdressers...)
So, should I get it cut? I make no promises to abide by any decision made in the comments box, but would appreciate your views (or suggestions for an alternative reward).
The reward I'm giving myself when I reach my goal weight by the way is decided and unchanging. Nintendo DS lite. In silver.